Sungho Shin is currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He received his B.S. in mathematics and chemical engineering at Seoul National University. He was a Givens Associate at the Mathematics and Computer Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory (2018 Summer). His research interests include model predictive control, large-scale optimization algorithms, and spatiotemporal data analysis.
- Ph. D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA (Present)
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering and Mathematics, Seoul National University, South Korea (2016)
- Machine Learning
- Shin, S. , Zavala, V.M., and Anitescu, M. Decentralized Schemes with Overlap for Solving Graph-Structured Optimization Problems. Under Review, 2018. [link]
- Shin, S. and Zavala, V.M. Computing Economic-Optimal and Stable Equilibria for Droop-Controlled Microgrids. Under Review, 2018. [link]
- Shin, S., Hart, P., Jahns, T. and Zavala, V.M. A Hierarchical Optimization Architecture for Large-Scale Power Networks. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 2019. [link]
- Shin, S., Venturelli, O., and Zavala, V.M. Scalable Nonlinear Programming Framework for Parameter Estimation in Dynamic Biological System Models. PLOS Computational Biology, 15(3), e1006828, 2019. [link]
- Kim, D., Shin, S., Choi, G., Jang, K., Suh, and Lee, J. Diagnosis of Partial Blockage in Water Pipeline Using Support Vector Machine with Fault-Characteristic Peaks in Frequency Domain, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 2017. [link]
- Shin, S., Faulwasser, T., Zanon, M., Zavala, V. M. A Parallel Decomposition Scheme for Solving Long-Horizon Optimal Control Problems. In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Accepted, 2019. [link]
- Shin, S., Smith, A. D., Qin, S. J., Zavala, V. M. On the Convergence of the Dynamic Inner PCA Algorithm. Proceedings of Foundations of Process Analytics and Machine learning, 2019. [link]
- Shin, S. and Zavala, V.M. Multi-Grid Schemes for Multi-Scale Control of Energy Systems. In Sean Meyn, Tariq Samad, Ian Hiskens, and Jakob Stoustrup ed. Energy Markets and Responsive Grids, Springer, 2018. [link]
- Shin, S. and Zavala, V.M., Low-Rank System Identiﬁcation for High-Dimensional Spatiotemporal Data, MLSE, Atlanta, GA, Jun. 2019.
- Shin, S., and Zavala, V.M., Stability-Preserving Economic Optimization of Microgrids, AIChE Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, MN, Nov. 2018.
- Shin, S. and Zavala, V.M., Multi-Grid (Hierarchical) Control of Power Systems, AIChE Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, Nov. 2017.
- Shin, S., Venturelli, O., and Zavala, V.M., Large-Scale Estimation Techniques for Dynamic Microbial Community Networks, TWCCC Fall Meeting, Madison, WI, Sept. 2017.